Cottage is situated on our cattle property. Our friendly cattle graze
in the paddocks near and around the cottage. The setting is delightful
with the cottage overlooking the river. Lochiel Cottage is fabulous
accommodation for the fishing enthusiast. Platypus can be seen at
edge in front of the cottage most days.
Experience and enjoy the peace, rural views and sunsets,
all from your lounge room or deck. A great place to experience country
NSW. Fish, unwind, sit and relax or curl up with a book.
Things to do…
- Fish for trout and cod in the MacDonald River.
- Stroll by the river – have a swim, take a picnic.
- Watch the platypus down by the river.
- Walk among the cows and calves as they graze.
- Birdwatching – over 55 species.
- Watch native animals, including kangaroos & eagles, in their
- Magnificent star watching in the clear country sky.
- Enjoy barbecues and camp fires.
Pets and tents are also welcome
by prior arrangement.